Useful information for prospective international students
The University of Murcia has a “Live in Murcia program”, which helps International Students find an accommodation for their stay with us. Check this link: https://vimur.um.es/
The Region of Murcia has the typical Mediterranean semi-arid subtropical climate: namely an average annual temperature of 18ºC, with hot summers (registering absolute maximum temperatures of 40ºC) and mild winters (an average temperature of 11ºC in the winter months of December and January). The number of days per year with clear skies is 120-150, with approximately 3000 sun-hours per annum. In general rain is scarce throughout the region (approx. 300-350 mm/year), falling mainly in the spring (April) and autumn (October), leaving the summer an eminently dry season.
Living in Murcia
The Region of Murcia has an interesting cultural offer for every kind of person. Detailed information about the Region and the city of Murcia can be found at Murcia Turistica. You can also have a look at some reviews of the city: Murcia in UlookUbook.
In addition to this, the University of Murcia has an association which organizes activities for international students, ESN Murcia. Join it!
- Lectures at the Faculty of Mathematics are matinal
- Nearest tramway stations to the Faculty of Mathematics: Biblioteca General or Servicios de Investigación
- Bus service lines to the Faculty of Mathematics: Latbus 39, 78
Some orientative information regarding the cost of life in Murcia is provided:
- Rent a 2 bedroom apartment in a middle zone: 500 Euros
- Rent a room in an average zone: 200 Euros
- Single bus ticket: 1,10 Euros
- Coffee in a bar: 1,10 Euros
- Lunch in an average restaurant: 10 Euros
- Beer in a bar: 1,20 Euros for a 0,33 cl bottle.
- Dinner and tapas in average: 15 Euros
- Drink in a pub or disco: 5 Euros
- 1 liter of petrol: 1 Euro
- A soda from a vending machine: 1 Euro
- A newspaper: 1,20 Euros
- A taxi from the airport to downtown: 60 Euros from/to Alicante airport, 30€ from/to Corvera airport (the International Airport of the Region of Murcia)
- Cinema ticket on a weekend: 6 Euros
- MuyBici is a service that rents bicycles within all the metropolitana area