In 2011, the Deutsche Shakespeare-Gesellschaft – in collaboration with ESRA – organized a major conference to commemorate 400 years of The Tempest with plenaries and seminars addressing the theme of “Shakespeare’s Shipwrecks” from a vast number of angles. The conference, held in Weimar, Germany, between between 28 April and 1 May 2011, was attended by many members of the German Shakespeare Society and ESRA members from across the globe.
During the general meeting on the last day of the conference, the General Meeting of ESRA enthusiastically accepted the proposal by Nathalie Vienne-Guerrin to organize the 2013 ESRA conference in Montpellier, France, between 26 and 29 June 2013. The conference to be organized by the University of Montpellier will be devoted to "Shakespeare and Myth."
At the Weimar gathering, the members of ESRA elected a new board:
- Ton Hoenselaars, Chair (Utrecht University)
- Clara Calvo, Conference (University of Murcia)
- Jacek Fabiszak, Treasurer (Adam Mickiewicz University)
- Juan F. Cerdá, Secretary (University of Murcia)
- Michael Dobson (The Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham)
- Boika Sokolova (University of Notre Dame in London)
- Andreas Höfele (University of Munich)
- Nathalie Vienne-Guerrin (University of Montpellier)
HONORARY PRESIDENT: Ángel-Luis Pujante
Webmaster: Juan F. Cerdá
Click here for European Shakespeare: A Brief History
We hope to welcome many of you as members of our new Association, online at the Discussion Group, and at our future conferences. Register with us at the website.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us via the Secretary, Juan F. Cerdá (email@example.com).