Learn about Plant Intelligence!
Want to Hear About Plant Intelligence? Bored of dull talks? Tired of getting lost and spacing out, just waiting for the cue to clap? Let's try something more dynamic. My preference is intimate conversation, small groups of 5 to 20 people, where members of the "audience" can participate and join the conversation. Are you in Europe? Maybe you've got a nice garden, good for a stroll and a chat? If you think you might want to fly me over for a face-to-face about plants, feel free to drop me a line. I'll send you an estimate with no obligation. I would be excited to tell you all about the goings on of MINTlab and the exciting world of plant intelligence.
Recent & Coming Engagements
- Calvo, P. (2020, June) Of plants and bugs: United we stand, divided we fall. Primer Simposio Virtual de Psicología Comprada del Aprendizaje en Organismos Inferiores, Oviedo, Spain.
- Calvo, P. (2020, May) Las plantas a ojo desnudo (o cómo entendemos mejor a nosotr@s mism@s). Seminarios del Departamento de Lógica, Historia y Filosofía de la Ciencia de la UNED, UNED, Madrid, Spain.
- Calvo, P. (2020, January) Understanding plant intelligence: Reflections from the outside-in. Centre for Interdisciplinary Research, CRI , Paris, France.
- Calvo, P. (2019, November) Plant bioinspired ecoogical robotics. Advanced Robotics at Queen Mary, School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science, Queen Mary University of London, UK.
- Calvo, P. (2019, November) Green fellings: In the mood for food (for thought). Timescales of Life and Mind, Edinburgh, UK.
- Calvo, P. (2019, August) Plant intelligence and innovation. Art Science Technology Nature and Trade: The Next Generation of Investment, Réduit, Mauritius Island./li>
- Calvo, P. (2019, July) Plant liberation (or how to get a free ride on Noah’s ark). Workshop in Evolution and the Embodied Mind: The biological roots of 4E Cognition, Donostia-San Sebastián.
- Calvo, P. (2019, June) On the possibility of plant sentience. The Science of Consciousness, Interlaken, Switzerland
- Calvo, P. (2019, May) Rompiendo con el zoocentrismo: hacia una psicología ecológica vegetal. Seminario de Psicología Básica, Almería, Spain.
- Calvo, P. (2019, April) Plants. Forum for European Philosophy, LSE, London, UK.
- Calvo, P. (2019, March) Rompiendo con el zoocentrismo: hacia una psicología ecológica vegetal. Seminario Instituto de Filosofía y Ciencias de la Complejidad, Santiago, Chile.
- Calvo, P. (2019, January) Going green: Plant intelligence for cognitive science. Philosophical Debate on Cognition in Biological Systems, Ruhr-Universität, Bochum, Germany.
- Calvo, P. (2018, September) The quest for cognition and sentience: Blending cognitive and plant scientific approaches. III SIMPÓSIO DE ECOFISIOLOGIA SISTÊMICA (Cognição e senciência em plantas), UNESP, Botucatu SP, Brasil.
- Calvo, P. (2016, November) Plant cognition: the next revolution. Cell and Molecular Biology Seminar Series, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Calvo, P. (2016, November) Plant cognition: the next revolution. Cognitive Science Society Lecture, University of Edinburgh, UK.
- Calvo, P. (2016, July) Plant cognition: the next revolution. Prinzessinnengarten, Berlin, Germany.
- Calvo, P. (2016, June) Guidance of circumnutation of climbing bean stems: an ecological exploration. Symposium on Plant Signaling and Behavior, Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Calvo, P. (2014, July) Peppermint: Princ iples of ecological psychology for minimal intelligence. De-Intellectualizing the mind workshop, UNED, Madrid, Spain.
- Calvo, P. (2014, March) Probabilistic predictive processing vs. ecological psychology models of plant intelligence. International Symposium on Plant Signaling and Behavior, Delhi, India.
- Calvo, P. (2013, December) Minimal intelligence across phyla: of mice and men… and plants (with apologies to John Steinbeck!). Special BONUS Animal Biology Seminar, Centre for Evolutionary Biology, University of Western Australia, Australia.
- Martín, E (2013, January) Of plants and men: a neoGibsonian approach to minimal cognition. II Workshop ReteCog INTERACTION, Zaragoza, Spain.
- Martín, E (2012, June) Ecological lessons from plant signaling and adaptive behavior. 12th European Workshop on Ecological Psychology EWEP12, Madrid, Spain.
- Calvo, P. (2011, October) Adaptive behavior and direct perception: ecological lessons from plant neurobiology, ‘Smart solutions from the plant kingdom: beyond the animal models' workshop, Florence (Italy), October 2011
- Calvo, P. (2011, September) Systematic behavior and the varieties of (representational) vehicles. Kazimierz Naturalist Workshop 2011, Kazimierz, Dolny, Poland.