Resources and downloads
- Backbone Transcriptor: Backbone Transcriptor is a transciption tool which can manage multiple videos formats such as DIVX,XVID,AVI,MPEG,Quick Time,RM, multiple audio formats such as MP3, WAV, ASF formats, use multi-languague support (unicode), import transcriptions from other formats, such as Transana format, support metadata information, support transcription of spoken language: cuts, comments, trunc words, foreign words, etc. and support timestamping linking between video/audio and text. The output of Backbone Transcriptor can be used by Backbone Annotator. Download | Tutorial
- Backbone Annotator: Backbone Annotator enables teachers and researchers to annotate text with information which goes beyond its boundaries. The tag set used can be easily customized according to the specific needs of the user. This feature turns Backbone Annotator into an extremely generic tool since literally any kind of information could be attached to the text. The output of Backbone Transcriptor can be used by Backbone Search Tool. Backbone Annotator has beengranted with the “100% Free” Softpedia Award, which means that it is totally free of any type of malware (spyware, viruses, trojans, backdoors, etc.) Download | Tutorial
Workshop and conference presentations
- Involvement in personal narratives: A multidimensional analysis of Chinese, French, German and Spanish learners’ spoken language. Learner Corpus Research Conference 2011. 20 years of learner corpus research: Looking back, moving ahead.
- Annotating pedagogic corpora collaboratively. CALICO 2010 Pre-Conference Workshop.
- Annotating pedagogy: Implementing language teaching and learning-oriented annotation on corpora. TALC 8 Conference
- What do annotators annotate? An analysis of language teachers’ pedagogic annotation. TALC 8 Conference
- Annotation – BACKBONE Corpora
- COMENIUS Project. Learning and teaching children’s literature in Europe. Jornadas sobre lectura de literatra infantil.
- Learning and teaching children’s literature in Europe. Comenius Project dissemination event