FIRST CALL FOR PAPERS
The International Conference for Learner Corpus Research (LCR 2022) will be held at the University of Padua (Italy), at the Department of Linguistic and Literary Studies (www.disll.unipd.it) on 22-24 September, 2022.
The LCR2022 Conference aims to showcase the latest developments in the field of learner corpus research regarding the description of learner language and the design of innovative methods and tools to analyse it.
The conference will feature keynote lectures, full paper presentations, work in progress reports, poster presentations, software demonstrations and a book exhibition. Pre-conference workshops are also planned.
– Silvia Bernardini (Università di Bologna, Italy)
– Anke Lüdeling (Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Germany)
– Hilary Nesi (Coventry University, England)
All topics related to learner corpus research based on any language are welcome. Areas of interest include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Language for Academic Purposes;
- Language for Specific Purposes;
- Language Teaching, Assessment and Testing;
- Learner corpus-based SLA studies;
- Corpora as pedagogical resources;
- Multimodal learner corpora;
- Software for learner corpus analysis;
- Corpus-based translation studies;
- English as a Medium of Instruction (EMI);
- English as a Lingua Franca (ELF);
- Data mining and other explorative approaches to learner corpora;
- Statistical methods in learner corpus studies.
Abstracts, written in English, should be between 600 and 700 words (excluding a list of references) and should provide the following:
– clearly articulated research question(s) and its/their relevance;
– the most important details about research approach, data and methods;
– (preliminary) results and their interpretation.
Abstracts will be submitted through EasyChair. Abstract submission will open on 18 November 2021 and the deadline for submission is 23 January 2022. Abstracts will be reviewed anonymously by the scientific committee. Notification of the outcome of the review process will be sent by 31 March 2022.
Further information is available at www.maldura.unipd.it/lcr-2022/