Pilar Aguado Jiménez
Tenured lecturer (Profesora Titular de Universidad)
Pilar Aguado Jiménez took her degree in English studies at the University of Murcia (1983/ 88), and joined the English Department at the University of Murcia in 1990. She taught business English at the Campus of Cartagena Business School (1990/99) and general English at the Faculty of Arts (1990/–). She took her PhD in 1997. Other posts and offices include: visiting scholar, UCSD (1994); editorial secretary, Cuadernos de Filología Inglesa, now IJES (1993/95); research scholar, University of Alicante (1998/99); language advisor, CAGE Panel, Cambridge University Press (2003/05). Her main current areas of research are teaching English as a foreign language, translation, materials design and ESP.
- Pérez-Paredes, P., Sánchez Hernández, P. & Aguado Jiménez, P. (2011). The use of adverbial hedges in EAP students’ oral performance: A cross-language analysis. 95-114. In Researching Specialized Languages.
- Sánchez Hernández, P. & Aguado Jiménez, P. (2011). Diseño de un curso de inglés para juristas utilizando la plataforma Moodle. 285-292. In Innovación educativa en la enseñanza formal.
- Pérez-Paredes, P., Sánchez Hernández, P. & Aguado Jiménez, P. (2008). Adverbial hedges in university students’ oral performance: A cross-language multidimensional analysis. 130-140. In Researching and teaching specialized languages: New contexts, new challenges.
- Aguado Jiménez, P. (2006). Land teaching writing in the EFL classroom. 123–138. In TEFL in secondary education. Workbook.
- Pascual Pérez-Paredes, María Sánchez-Tornel, Jose Alcaraz Calero & Pilar Aguado Jiménez. (2011). Tracking learners’ actual uses of corpora: guided vs non-guided corpus consultation, 233-253. In Computer Assisted Language Learning Journal 24 (3).
- Pérez-Paredes, P., Aguado Jiménez, P. & Sánchez Hernández, P. (2011). Where is the discussion section? Understanding research articles in the field of Law. The importance of learning professional foreign languages for communication between cultures. Celje (Slovenia).
- Sánchez Hernández, P., Aguado Jiménez, P. & Pérez-Paredes, P. (2011). The use of e-learning software platforms in the learning of modules of professional languages in the European Space for Higher Education. The importance of learning professional foreign languages for communication between cultures. Celje (Slovenia).
firstname.lastname@example.orgDepartamento de Filología Inglesa Facultad de Letras, Campus de La Merced Universidad de Murcia CP. 30.071