Our laboratory has the necessary equipment to carry out the synthesis of organometallic and coordination compounds, including the handling of air-sensitive materials, as well as their complete spectroscopic, analytic and photophysical characterization. In addition to the instruments hosted in our laboratory, we have access to the facilities of the Servicio de Apoyo a la Investigación (SAI) of the University of Murcia.
The group has access to Bruker Avance 200, 300, 400 and 600 NMR spectrometers.
The following single-crystal diffractometers are available:
- Bruker D8 QUEST
- Bruker SMART APEX CCD
Chomatography/Mass Spectrometry (SAI)
- Agilent 6220 Accurate-Mass TOF LC/MS
- Agilent 6890N series gas chromatograph
- Agilent 5973 mass spectrometer
- Agilent 5977A mass spectrometer coupled to Agilent 7890B gas chromatograph
Elemental Analysis (SAI)
- Carlo Erba EA-1108 microanalizer
- LECO CHNS-932 microanalizer
The following instruments are available in our laboratory:
- Perkin-Elmer Spectrum 100 Infrared spectrophotometer.
- Perkin-Elmer Lambda 750S UV-visible spectrophotometer.
- Jobin Yvon Fluorolog 3-22 spectrofluorometer equipped with FL-1040 phosphorimeter accessory.
- IBH FluoroHub TCSPC Controller for fluorescence lifetime measurements equipped with several NanoLED pulse diode exitation sources.
- Hamamatsu C11347 Absolute Photoluminescence Quantum Yield Spectrometer.
A variety of light sources are available for photochemical studies. In addition, we own a UV-Consulting Peschl photoreactor, model UV-RS-1, equipped with a 150 W medium-pressure mercury immersion UV lamp (TQ 150), a quartz cooling jacket, and a 400 mL reaction vessel with magnetic circulation pump.
A Pure Solv MD-5 solvent purification system from Innovative Technologies, Inc. is available with dichloromethane, diethyl ether, tetrahydrofuran, toluene and pentane.
We have access to a 384-node cluster maintained by the Área de Tecnología de la Información y las Comunicaciones Aplicadas (ATICA) and the SAI.