Oficina de Proyectos Europeos e Internacionales de Investigación de la Universidad de Murcia
Boosting UMU CMN
Direct awarding of grants to the University of Murcia and the Technical University of Cartagena for “Projects aiming to revitalise the Regional International Excellence Campus ‘Mare Nostrum 37/38 (CMN)’” within the framework of the Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialisation Strategy of the Region of Murcia (RIS3Mur)
BORM 7 april 2018 (Amendment to the Decree)
BORM 15 december 2020 (Amendment to the Decree)
Funding organizations: European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) operational programme and Directorate General for Universities and Research of the Region of Murcia
Implementation period: 2017-2020
Total grant University of Murcia: 295.000€
Project description and objectives:
The main aim of this grant is to support research groups and researchers from both Universities to increase their possibilities of being successful in their application for European Programme Funds, strengthening their research groups’ leadership within the Horizon 2020 framework and other R&D&I international programmes.
The aims of this initiative are the following:
- To increase the degree of internationalisation of research groups to strengthen relationships with other agents at European level.
- To enhance participation and leadership of the Universidad de Murcia and the Technical University of Cartagena in international projects, with special focus on calls for the H2020 Programme, by Campus Mare Nostrum 37/38 research groups in the strategic areas defined in the Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialisation of the Region of Murcia (RIS3MUR).
- To identify new potential participants in the calls, improving selective dissemination and helping them connect to international networks.
- To enable a quantitative and qualitative leap in the participation in research projects for European Programmes (Horizon 2020, SME Initiative, COSME Programme, etc.).
- To support excellence in research, especially in the framework of the European Research Council (ERC) proposals.
- To organise conferences and seminars to help managers and researchers in the preparation of proposals, and valuing their research work through networking.
Lines of action and implemented actions:
These activities are co-funded by ERDF Operational Programme of the Autonomous Community of the Region of Murcia 2014-2020,
Line of Action 2: “Guidance, search for partners and funding for International R&D&I Projects”