Panta Rei is composed by original studies related to History, as well as its didactics and promotion. The different sections of this journal are: research articles, interviews to professionals, recensions on monographs about current issues and reports about congresses or relevant scientific events. The author is commited to submit original papers not having been published in other journals or in other languages. In this way, it is not allowed for the same paper to be presented in other journals during the evaluation process.
Submission and presentation of originals
The articles will be exclusively submitted by email to pantarei(arroba)um.es.
An anonymized version of the text will be sent to this address. In order to anonymize the text, all mention of the prior works of the authors will be replaced by the word AUTHOR, followed by the year (and page when necessary), in both the text and bibliography. All reference to specific geographic regions or other elements which may allow for the identification of the author or authors (in both the text and any supplemental materials) will be replaced by the word ANONYMIZED. The author’s information will also be eliminated from the properties of the submitted file.
The texts will be submitted in DOC format and the images in JPEG or TIFF format. Images will not be integrated in the text but sent in another file and properly numbered according to their position in the text.
Attached to the paper, a document will be filled and sent where the author’s data and the commitment to originality and veracity of the collected information will be specified following this model (Proposal and authorship).
If the piece is accepted for publication, a non-anonymized version of the text will be requested from the authors.
Panta Rei will not publish multiple submissions by the same author until a minimum of 24 months have passed since the publication of their previous submission.
The authors must respect the following guidelines:
- The sixth edition of the Manual of the American Psychological Association will be take into account for the writing of the papers. It can be consulted online or in the attached document: Citation guidelines PANTA REI
- The length of the papers must not exceed 30 pages.
- Typography: Times New Roman size 12, with simple line spacing and no space between paragraphs. The text must be justified on both margins without indentation in the first paragraphs. Margins size will be 2.50 cm.
- Titles should be clear, concise and related in accordance with the paper. Those submissions categorized as “teaching experiences” must include as the first words of their title this term (“Teaching experience…”).
- Where it would be necessary the incorporation of notes, they will be at the bottom of the page, consecutively numbered. Typography of the notes: Times New Roman, size 10, simple line spacing, justified on both margins.
- Text organization: these Style Guidelines will be followed.
- Two abstracts (IMRaD format) will be included: an abstract in Spanish and another one in English. The maximum length of each abstract is 10 lines, and they must include a list of five keywords in both languages related to the paper.These words must be different from those appearing in the title and must be taken from the database located at https://eric.ed.gov/.
- If the text is not written in Spanish, the abstracts and keywords must be equally translated into Spanish and English.
- There will be a difference between Tables and Figures.
- Tables will be numbered with Arabic numbers according to their appearance in the text. At the bottom of each one of them they must include a short text summarizing its content. They will be integrated in the text. All tables must follow the format specified in the template collection in the Style Guidelines.
- Drawings, images and graphics will be referred as “Figures” and they will be numbered with Arabic numbers according to their appearance in the text. They must not be integrated in the text and must be sent in JPEG or TIFF format and numbered. A list of the figures will be attached where the number of the figure will be indicated as well as a short text specifying or summarizing the content of the concerned figure.
- Bibliography will appear at the end of the text. It will only include the bibliography used in the elaboration of the paper and, therefore, it appears cited in the sent text. Bibliography must adjust to the APA guidelines.
Examination and assessment process.
All articles published are the object of a double-blind peer-review process carried out by a minimum of two reviewers, specialists in the specific subject of the article in question. The editorial board guarantees anonymity during the evaluation process, so that the reviewers will never know the names of the authors of the manuscript they are examining, and the authors will never know the names of the reviewers assigned to their work. Our desire is to be able to provide robust content, of high quality and interest, avoiding wherever possible biases in the process.
Upon receiving submissions, the editorial board makes an initial evaluation. If the submitted study fits the suggested guidelines for submissions, the subject matter is appropriate with that of the journal, and the research possesses the necessary scientific quality, it will be remitted to the advisory board for a first evaluation. If these conditions are not met, the submission can be rejected directly from this first step.
The Advisory Council will indicate the originality, relevance, structure, writing, bibliography, etc. of the text to the journal; for this purpose, two outside experts will be designated to review the papers; these experts can be (or not) part of this Advisory Council. The selection of the experts will adjust to the subject and methodological characteristics of the paper. Name and affiliation of the author will be eliminated from the text for its review, in this way, experts will act anonymously and confidentially.
The experts will fill an assessment report which will focus in aspects such as formal characteristics, originality and novelty of the papers, relevance and results of the proposal, methodological quality and scientific validity. The receipt of two negative reviews will result in the rejection of the submission.
Once the process is finished, the acceptance or not of the papers will be decided based on the final report (in the form of a checklist) released by the assigned editors, which will be evaluated by the editorial board. Similarly, its publication in the corresponding edition, as well as the modifications that may be made for its final publication, will be decided here. This notification will be sent by email within 6 months (maximum).
Publication and authorship
Author commits to send original papers, which are not published in other journals or other languages. The same paper could not be presented in other journals during the process of evaluation. If the author of a paper might want to include (partially or completely) the said paper in other journal, the data of the original journal must be clearly noted. In the same way, the author guarantees the veracity of the data used and the originality of the information released, with the author held responsible for the above.
If you have any doubt, please feel free to contact us through email (pantarei(at)um.es) or by phone: 868883890