ESRA (the European Shakespeare Research Association) encourages and supports research into Shakespeare as a cultural presence in Europe and the relationship between this presence and the construction of European culture and identity.
The Association endeavours:
- To foster research networks and projects
- To arrange conferences and other forms of academic collaboration
- To support publications and academic programmes on the subject
- To keep its members informed of developments in its field of studies
The Board of ESRA currently has the following composition:
- Rui Carvalho Homem, Chair (University of Porto)
- Jacek Fabiszak, Treasurer (Adam Mickiewicz University)
- Juan F. Cerdá, Secretary (University of Murcia)
- Michael Dobson (The Shakespeare Institute, University of Birmingham)
- Boika Sokolova (University of Notre Dame in London)
- Markus Marti (University of Basel)
- Nicoleta Cinpoes (University of Worcester)
- Jerzy Limon (University of Gdansk)
HONORARY PRESIDENT: Ángel-Luis Pujante
Webmaster: Juan F. Cerdá
Click here for European Shakespeare: A Brief History
We hope to welcome many of you as members of our Association and at our future conferences. Register with us at the website.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us via the Secretary, Juan F. Cerdá (email@example.com).